Wise Women Within Information
“There is a big difference between simply becoming old and aging consciously”.
Join Us If:
- You experience a calling for change and a new understanding of what it means to be an older woman
- You are wanting some R and R from your life and time to reflect and re-connect with nature and yourself
- You are wanting the support and sharing that comes from being with other women in a nurturing environment
- You are not sure where you are on your life path at this time
- You want to explore the archetypes and role models of older women
- You wish to create ritual and ceremony to express your deepest longings and wishes
- You are ready to begin to create a more conscious and meaningful way of being in your life
You are invited to take part in a weekend workshop & retreat, which will nurture and re-vitalize your relationship to the nature, challenge, and power of being an older woman
This ‘Retreat’ will help you to:
Openly explore universal and personal experiences of aging and shed what no longer serves you
Delve into female archetypes and tap into your innate creativity through poetry, writing, storytelling, and art making (for all levels of experience)
Cultivate what qualities you will need for this stage of your life and create elements of a ceremony to perform with others which will start you on your journey.
Location-Seven Oaks Retreat Center,Madison, Virginia
We will stay in Oak House, which accommodates about 12-15 in shared rooms. It has beautiful views of the Shenandoah Mountains and is an easy 2 hour drive from Washington, DC, 30 Minutes from Charlottesville and an hour from Richmond.
Click on link for more information:
Sample Schedule -Celebrating the Wise Woman Within
Friday- Arrive anytime after 3 pm…Check in and enjoy!
Dinner- 6 pm
SESSION 1-Friday Evening
Opening Ritual with introductions of participants
Introduction/Overview of weekend
SESSION 2- Saturday Morning
9:30 am-12:00 pm
Brief Morning Ritual
- Archetypes; masculine/feminine dynamics; the universal story
- Explore symbolic references to the aging woman
- What will you discard? What will you embrace? Select a positive symbol for self.
- Movement exercise- finding your goddesses
SESSION 3- Saturday Afternoon - 2:00- 5:00 pm
Brief Afternoon Ritual
Cultivating a Community of Wise Women
- Focus on Crone & Magicians and Queens-Creative exercise- assessing your story and qualities
- Shared Storytelling: Queens to explore their fears/apprehensions, strengths and triumphs etc. with Crones…Crones to share lessons including challenges and joys through drama exercise
- Self-exploration through art/creative expression…how are participant perceptions shifting?
- Introduce Ceremony elements
- Group begins to create one or more elements of the ceremony, depending on time and size and needs of the group
- Incorporate elements explored/selected throughout the retreat
Saturday Evening- 8-10 pm- Bonfire and Releasing Ceremony
SESSION 4- Sunday 9-12 pm
Brief Morning Ritual
The Ceremony is enacted
Sunday 12-1 pm-Lunch
- Closing Ritual